The purpose of parenting is not to parent a child, and what really makes the difference is not what you think it is.
Remi Makanjuola, Founder of Grace to Parent, Creator of Graceful Parenting, and member of SHOWUP Circle sits on our couch today, to reframe and answer some of the questions we all have regarding what it takes to show up for your career AND for your child(ren) at the same time.
Who says you have to give up your work and dreams to be a successful parent? Nobody. You can thrive both at home and at work. The first step is to decide how you want to be present.
Many people who did not make this decision, have raised adults who now have to recover from their childhood. But that won't be you. Because in this episode, we dive into what makes children feel loved and how to provide it without sacrificing your sanity.
Here’s a snapshot of what you'll learn:
- [05:18] The one thing that makes a difference for your child, no matter how successful you are.
- [10:25] How to create time for your child when you work long hours
- [13:23] What it means to be an intentional parent and how to make it happen for you.
- [15:35] Why many parents don't connect effectively with their children
- [19:17] The purpose of parenting
- [24:47] The difference between punishment and discipline
- [20:48] Why shouting doesn't work, and what to do instead
- [31:57] Practical tools to help you start showing up for your children
Links and tools related to this episode
DIVE INTO OUR WORLD
Rate & Review on Apple Podcasts
“I love Tolu and She Shows Up Podcast.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show! This helps us reach more people — just like you — who need to hear more of this content.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review.” Share your thoughts and be sure to let me know what you love most about the episode!
Also, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on bonus episodes that we don't announce. Subscribe on your favorite platforms below!